Pages

3/25/14

Veronica Mars Movie Review.


I watched Veronica Mars as a teenager, it was amazing to me how much I related to her and her relationships. Once Veronica Mars was taken off air I was crushed. It was genius and all I could think about was how much of a waste it was to not be shared. Rewind to months ago when a rumor went around about a movie. I thought it was too good to be true until Kristen Bell announced it herself and the KickStarter campaign began. I donated and was incredibly happy to do so. All of the supporters basically broke KickStarter and created their biggest campaign ever. I stayed caught up on the filming and production through Kickstarter emails prompted by Rob Thomas who is amazing at all he does. Veronica Mars really wouldn't be possible without him. 

I was amazed at how much the actors were into it and wanting the film as well. You see a lot of actors these days hit it big and not care whatsoever unless they're getting paid big bucks. 


Well, this was not the case. 

A huge THANK YOU to everyone involved in the movie because it was PHENOMENAL.

The movie was everything I ever could have hoped for and more. I'm not going to give away any spoilers whatsoever, so I can only say that as a long time Veronica Mars fan I was extremely impressed. The plot started at a very interesting time in Veronica's life where she's about to hit it big in New York. She's created a life for herself that's entirely different from the one she experienced in Neptune, California. She's suddenly pulled back to Neptune in a series of events. Once she's back in Neptune all of the original characters are brought back into the story in such a intricate way. I really loved how the writers and producers were able to create a plot that wasn't too far off base from the "old" Neptune. It was all held together so well. 


I wondered how the crime and mystery would end and begin. I also wondered how far off it would be in relation to our favorite characters. I must say, it was pretty perfect. If you've seen the television series than you'll notice so many little details here and there. The action and suspense was nothing short of amazing. There were parts in the movie where I didn't see anything coming and suddenly I was swept up into this huge action sequence. 
It'll keep you on your toes. 


All in all, I'm just thoroughly pleased. I didn't want it to end and I honestly want a sequel. I know they're coming out with novels that pick up right where the movie leaves off, but I'd still like to see another Veronica Mars film take place. I recommend watching it, re-watching it and telling all of your friends. Go buy the DVD's, go watch the movie and stay tuned for the novels. 
You will NOT regret it. 


3 comments:

  1. Hello. I'm now following you via NetworkedBlogs and Twitter. If you want, visit me to follow back :) http://www.cafebreak.co.uk/

    Joana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog often and I really thank you for your content.
    Your article has really peaked my interest. I will take a note of your blog and keep checking for
    new details about once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed too.


    Stop by my web blog; nashville social media

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also LOVED it!! Here's my review:
    http://66.147.244.182/~shebecam/2014/03/24/v-mars-the-movie-spoilers-below-cut/

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. Comments are such a thoughtful gesture that I appreciate beyond measure! Thank you.