Pages

5/5/12

Insurgent Review.


Name - Insurgent.
Author - Veronica Roth.
Publisher - HarperTeen.
Rating - Five Stars.
Theme Song - "Eyes Open" - Taylor Swift.


SynopsisOne choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love. Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.


First of all, the characters intoxicate me, you can't not fall in love with them. I felt like I was emotionally attached to the entire storyline, each twist and turn throughout the story had me on the edge of my seat. This book is full of action and adventure, but it's also full or turmoil and betrayl. I really enjoyed the character development, Veronica Roth did an amazing job at allowing the characters to grow with the story and make it more realistic emotionally. The main character, Tris, or Beatrice rather becomes so jaded in this book, she takes on this new role as a complete martyr. She's sick with grief for the death of a friend and feels like his blood is on her hands when it wasn't her fault. She feels as if her parents died in vain because nothing of what they were trying to accomplish was followed through. Beatrice goes on this mind trip where she becomes reckless and depressed, she feels weak and can't accept the love around her while in the midst of a great battle. She takes it upon herself to make sure in no uncertain terms that everything is made right, that her enemies will fall, and that she wont let herself die in the wake of tragedy. Beatrice gets her strength back again, she fights her way through hell, fire, and brimstone. The factions were extremely well written, I really love the premise of them.


My other favorite character which I'm sure is most people's as well is Four, or rather Tobias. To me Tobias is the epitome of strength, he has his flaws and bitter endings, but he never backs down from anything or anyone. He's this complete and total badass but his weakness is Beatrice. My heart soared every single time he came to her rescue or gave her the motivation to see things through. Even when the two of them weren't seeing eye to eye they still managed to be there when it really mattered. Their love is nothing short of beatiful, I just can't get enough of it.


The enemies in Insurgent aren't even your typical "evil"... I think they soar straight past that. I don't know how many times I literally wanted to jump inside this story and hit someone. It was serious busniness. Those people disgust me and some enemies that are presented in Insurgent are so mindblowing that I literally never, ever saw it coming. At the same time, some alliances were formed that I never saw coming either. This book was unpredictable and I loved it. The ending was crucial, I was hanging by a thread... still am. I cannot wait for the continuation of this story, I'm going to mark it on my calendar. If you haven't read Divergent or Insurgent, you must go do that; what are you doing with your life?


Also, leave a comment letting me know what faction you're in! I'm "Candor," but I have a pretty good idea that if I actually took the test that I end up being Divergent. I'm insanely indecisive and have several personality traits. However, I'll take Candor.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Comments are such a thoughtful gesture that I appreciate beyond measure! Thank you.